The World's finest hand-built Custom Guitars and Basses

Aug 20, 2014 - 06:39 PM

Photo Gallery
There are 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zikoOffline
Post subject: Guitar Templates  PostPosted: Jul 26, 2008 - 05:06 AM

I am reaally fascinated about building my first custom guitar , especially if that is a Shamray!!!

My question is about the Templates.
What do they mean when they say "entire guitar from standar templates"?
Templates that already have in Shamray factory or templates from already built guitars like Ibanez JEM or Jackson Soloist ?

Reply with quote Back to top
Michael
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 26, 2008 - 03:26 PM
Site Admin

It means using body and headstock outline templates that we already have in the Custom Shop.

This includes most of the popular commercial models... in fact every instrument we have built has had templates made for it, and they have been added to our 'standard templates' library.

You can check whats already been "templated" by surfing through the Gallery Forum and Gallery Archive. The archive isn't fully up-to-date yet (work-in-progress!) but you can see a couple of hundred earlier projects by browsing through the galleries (ФОТОГАЛЕРЕЯ) at our Russian Website.

In most cases, existing templates only suit the 'original' instrument. If you want to make something "standard" but in a 7- or 8-string model, then we have to make a new custom blueprint to accommodate the change. Also, we usually have to make a new blueprint if you want to change the scale length of some standard template ( example - make a baritone LP )

Of course, we've already made a lot of special custom variants. If you have something special in mind, send me an Email or PM and I can check the library for you... Very Happy

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: